“The highest education is that which does not merely give us information, but makes our life in harmony with all existence” … – Rabindrantah Tagore
I welcome you to this century old premier academic institution of India where you have put your maiden steps to gain the knowledge, critical thinking, empowerment and skills which you need to make the world an education paradise.
• It is one of the premier academic institutions in India, promoting the cause of higher education for one hundred eighty five long years incessantly.
• Legendary figures like Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay, Dwijendralal Roy, Sanjib Chnadra Chattopadhyay, Rangalal Bandopadhyay, Biplabacarya Jyotis Chandra Ghosh,, Mujaffar Ahmed, Kanailal Duta,, Bhupati Majumder, Charu Chandra Roy, Pramathanath Mitra, Brahmabandhab Upadhyay, Syed Amir Ali, Dr. U.N. Brahmachari in the field of arts, science, literature, culture, trade and commerce, revolutionary movement etc. had represented this college either as students or as teachers boosting education for betterment of our social development. In the post independent period, that tradition has been ongoing for more than seven decades. Their priceless contributions offer the students of new generation such an amount of knowledge that may possibly be measured greater resources to aim at as an accomplished student of modern society to hand out the motherland supremely.
• Honours are showered to Hazi Mohammad Mohsin; a great philanthropist from every one attached to this seminary, for whose contribution, the college, a splendid piece of structural design, overlooking the Ganges stretching its twigs first slowly and then its boughs rapidly with five huge infrastructure, libraries with numerous books and journals, well-rigged laboratories, fabricating hygienic system to make this academy simply the soul of a society.
• Development of significant thinking makes students no longer to take things for granted. Students attaching himself/herself with higher education should start questioning why things are the way they are. This alma mater helps students to learn about people who saw something wrong and had the courage to do things differently in their personal lives, or escort population to an impactful renovation. Students here, I believe, can earn courage and tenacity, to realize they can make a difference too. The peak performance of students with skills, confidence and talents within the tenure of their curriculum/course is achieved because it is always aided by tireless striving of pedagogy by our great teachers and diligent motivation of all non-teaching staff members over the years.
• The college interacts with its alumni community frequently. Alumni and its alma-mater should treat as one entity as a support system to the students for offering expertise and mentorship so that their future gets the proper direction of success
• Stakeholders must associate themselves for welfare and success of this college and its students. I believe that the importance of stakeholders lies very much in an institute because they can take leadership responsibilities, lend voice to ideas, opinions, and perspectives.
• In conclusion, students, please remember one thing that receiving education isn’t trouble-free, and most students experience challenges during their degrees. Believing in yourself and not to give up are two components that near you towards a successful harbor. Our teachers are ready to open the door, our non-teaching staff members are ready to support your learning fast and smooth but you must enter by yourself.
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world” – Nelson Mandela.
Dr. Purushottam Pramanik
Principal Hooghly Mohsin College